Increment/decrement buttons, like tally counter?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Increment/decrement buttons, like tally counter?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Len Hodder
    Participant

Great app!
    I’m a newbie with this, and looking for a way to have a counter field, and when I list records in a view, each record has its own inc/dec button for that counter. I have an index of locations in a hospital, and when someone asks for a specific clinic, I use the search box, type the first few letters of the clinic name, and up comes a list of matching records. I then want to be able to tap +/- to record the number of times that someone was directed to that location. At the end of the day, then, I would print the list of non-zero destinations, and reset the counts back to zero for the next day.

I’d be happy with just learning how to implement the +/- buttons, if that’s possible. I should be able to create macros for the total/zeroing on my own, I think.
    Thanks!

January 22, 2020 at 2:59 PM #39333

Daniel Leu
    Participant

You should be able to achieve this with a custom layout. First you would need to create a simple script that increments or decrements the counter field. Then in the custom layout, you create a ‘Run Script Button’ and assign your just created script.

January 22, 2020 at 4:22 PM #39334

Len Hodder
    Participant

Thanks, Daniel.
    Are you referring to iOS or Mac? I didn’t specify in my original message, but this is on an iPhone, and I don’t think that supports custom layouts, does it? (If it does, I can’t find it!). Other options for iOS?
    Thanks.

January 22, 2020 at 4:34 PM #39335

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Oh, sorry. I had the Mac in my mind.

January 23, 2020 at 1:40 AM #39339

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ya, sorry, this is a control that I’ve been meaning to add to Tap Forms, but haven’t managed to get around to it yet.

January 23, 2020 at 3:53 AM #39340

Len Hodder
    Participant

Thanks, gents. I’ll keep an eye open for a future enhancement!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.