Inconsistent display of images

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Pandora
    Participant

I’ve been adding images (.png) to various records in one of my TF forms. According to the TF rules I’ve placed the image field at the top so it will display the image in the center pane of the TF window (the list of records). What’s odd is that, whole most images are displayed both in the list pane as well as at the top of their respective records in the right pane, a number of images that are shown in the center pane don’t show up in the record (see image Tap02.png) while others show up in the record but not in the center listing (see image tap01.png).

Is there a way to refresh everything so that they consistently show up in both the individual records and the list in the center pane?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 2, 2013 at 9:11 PM #7297

Pandora
    Participant

I’ve been adding images (.png) to various records in one of my TF forms. According to the TF rules I’ve placed the image field at the top so it will display the image in the center pane of the TF window (the list of records). What’s odd is that, whole most images are displayed both in the list pane as well as at the top of their respective records in the right pane, a number of images that are shown in the center pane don’t show up in the record (see image Tap02.png) while others show up in the record but not in the center listing (see image tap01.png).

Is there a way to refresh everything so that they consistently show up in both the individual records and the list in the center pane?

Thanks.

Attachments:
    November 2, 2013 at 9:40 PM #7300

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Pandora,
    You could try refreshing the images list by changing the thumbnail size in the Field Properties for your Photo field and then clicking on a different form and then back to the form you’re working with to refresh it. Scroll through all your records so that Tap Forms has a chance to regenerate the thumbnails.

As for the photo not showing on the detail view that’s odd. If you click the QuickLook button, does your image show then?

Thanks,

Brendan

November 3, 2013 at 12:17 PM #7339

Pandora
    Participant

Hi Brendan, Thanks for the tip on refreshing the thumbnails. That worked for those records with the full-size image in the record but was missing the thumb in the list.

WRT the problem shown in Tap02.png, each records that exhibits this problem has the quick look eye grayed out so I can’t quick look. (Check the attachment above.)

Also: Sorry for the double post. I have no idea how that happened. :-(

November 3, 2013 at 2:31 PM #7344

Pandora
    Participant

Added info: I’ve been adding more images and have several serial screen shots of the process.

Attachments:
    November 3, 2013 at 8:16 PM #7355

Pandora
    Participant

Update late Sunday evening:

At this point I’m going to different sites to do screen grabs of images I want to drop in my Tapform image field. Most of these show up in both the list view and the individual record view, though a few still show up only in the list view.

These images are roughly 125-130 px on a side and range in file size from 46KB to 345KB. They are all file type = .png.

I could send you the database file if you let me know how to do it.

-Pan

November 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM #7365

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Pandora,

Can you try with JPG images instead of PNG images? Just wondering if that’s a factor in the inconsistency.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.