Improving Import Speed?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

knyghtmaire
    Participant

Perhaps I am doing this wrong, or asking too much, but importing takes forever. I am looking at an hour or so for a couple of hundred records, 8 fields.

I am importing in tab delimited (comma separated isn’t an option), I have even added <field type> to the index entries hoping it would save the program time not having to determine the type of field.

What would be the friendliest format for the program to interface with? I have even toyed around with the Idea of getting into the backup and editing that.

It’s an ambitious personal project I am trying to work on. I have broken down what is initially a very large table into many small chunks. However it takes WAY too long to import anything for this to be feasible. It usually clips along at a decent speed for a few records then it seems to hang for a bit before continuing. Sometimes for a long a a couple of minutes on a record. Is there any way to avoid this?

This program is great on it’s own, and has tremendous potential for what I am trying to get out of it. If only I could help it along…

Thank you for your time.

December 17, 2009 at 5:07 AM #3867

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Knyghtmaire,

Hmm… I don’t think it should take an hour for a couple of hundred records with 8 columns. The delay you see after each 50 records is the commit occurring at the database. If you don’t mind sending me your file I would like to see what could be causing the troubles. Have you tried rebooting your phone to free up as much memory as possible before you import? You shouldn’t have to do it every time. Just give it a good reboot to see if that helps.

Send your file to support@tapforms.com and I’ll see what I can figure out.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.