Imports PDF form in the TapForms database

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Imports PDF form in the TapForms database

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

guideon
    Participant

Hi,

I have designed a PDF form downloaded in imports.

I can preview my form and send it by email, but cannot figure out how to import the form in the tapforms database and use them.

Best regards,

Guy.

July 16, 2011 at 8:53 PM #4666

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Guideon,

You can attach a PDF file to a record using a File Attachment field type. But you will not be able to fill out the form, only view your PDF file within Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM #4670

lgol27
    Participant

What do you say about adding an export option to create an PDF file, just like you do with email? Then combining it with new email’s HTML templates, it could be a very powerful thing for those who enter data and just want other to read it.

July 18, 2011 at 4:53 PM #4673

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’m definitely going to do something like that in conjunction with full AirPrint support. I’d also like the HTML templates to be configurable so an end-user could potentially upload their own templates. Making it easy is the tricky part as any kind of template system typically requires some knowledge of programming of sorts.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 19, 2011 at 12:13 PM #4680

lgol27
    Participant

For this matter, you probably should open another forum, where people would exchange the templates. So people, who don’t have skills or too lazy to do it themselves, would pick something suitable for them. But for that purpose, they would need to export the templates together with the forms….

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.