Importing specific fields into parent from child,

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Importing specific fields into parent from child,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kathy DeVault
    Participant

Hi, I have a parent file with names and addresses of Art Collectors. It is linked ‘one to many’ with a child file of my artwork inventory. They are linked successfully, but the parent form pulls in a very horizontal table with all the fields from the child (artworks). I would like to pull out a certain field from that table into a field in the parent form to make it easier to see the most important information from the child table. I am not a programmer so I will need a dumbed-down answer if possible. Thanks so much!

December 5, 2023 at 7:45 PM #50213

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kathy,

One possibility for you instead of having all the fields from the link to form appearing there, click the little tool button that looks kind of like an X at the top-right of the table view. From there you can select and de-select the fields you want to see. Plus you can also drag the fields up and down and that will change the order they display on the horizontal table view for the Link to Form field.

Give that a try and see how it works for you.

If you need something other than that, you’ll need to write a script that pulls out the data from the child form to display it on the parent form.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 5, 2023 at 7:50 PM #50214

Kathy DeVault
    Participant

Thank you for the quick reply, that’s perfect! I was hoping there was an easier way than writing script.

I appreciate the help!
    Kathy
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.