Importing one to many from another database

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Importing one to many from another database

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Kevork Hopayian
    Participant

I had a database with a one to many relationshiphave. I exported both parent and child separately into two Excel spreadsheets. Using the Tapform Template Client, I can import the parent into the Client form and the child into the Call log form. But how do I link each Client to each Call?
    To do so in future is easy. I create a new call from the Client form. But how can I link historic data.
    I have not found an answer in the manual nor through trial and error.

April 13, 2022 at 9:16 PM #47107

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevork,

This is easiest to do if you use a Join Link Type. In that case Tap Forms can use a field that matches both forms to establish the relationship.

Otherwise, when you export form Tap Forms, make sure you have the Export Record IDs enabled AND the Export Linked Records option enabled.

Are you wanting to copy those forms with data to a different database document? If so, it’s easier to use the Tap Forms Archive (.tfarc) format and just export from one document and import into another. Tap Forms re-establishes all the relationships for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.