Importing dates

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Martin Inchley
    Participant

Importing Dates (with other info) from a tab-delimited text file works fine.

But when I try to import from an Excel file, I can’t get TapForms to recognise the info as a valid date. E.g. the first record, which shows as 13/11/2014 in the spreadsheet, shows as 41956 in the TF import box, and changing the field type to Date doesn’t change that.

It’s inconvenient not to be able to work with Excel files. Does anyone know what’s going on?

November 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM #38190

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Martin,

On the Import Records screen, for the Date Format option, choose Excel as the Date Format.

That should solve the problem.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 22, 2019 at 4:16 PM #38192

Martin Inchley
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

It didn’t work at first, until I remembered a comment of yours in some other thread about, when dealing with dates, importing into an already created form..

So I used a first import to create the form, deleted all the records and then imported the records again into that form. That worked – but I don’t know why it should have failed to import the dates first time around.

November 23, 2019 at 2:19 AM #38212

Brendan
    Keymaster

I’d have to see a sample of the file in order to determine what happened. But I’m glad you got it t o work.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.