I’ve tried a few hours to import a CVS file containing Chinese Characters in vain, and the records containing Chinese Character display to be Gibberish. When I chose Unicode (UTF-8) in Import/Export setting , the import file message displayed less records (6 records), If I chose “automatic” setting, it displayed the correct records, but all the Chinese are Gibberish.
I’ve also tried to save my file to Text file in vain.
Normally Chinese character documents would be encoded with UTF-16. But I’m not sure what the encoding is on your file. When I open it with TextWrangler it says it’s MacOS Roman, but the content of the file has a bunch of gibberish:
It does work now, Thanks.
Yes, the problem is because the data is stored in the Microsoft Access database, and the data format is not what we think, even I use the built-in tool to transfer the file to CVS or Text file, it become gibberish as well. But if I use NotePad to open the file again, and save to UTF-8 Format, it works.