Importing a CSV from another database

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Ron Miller
    Participant

I’m a new Mac convert, looking to find a way to use data from a flat Windows shareware database called TreePad Plus. Its interface resembles Windows Explorer with a hierarchy of folders for holding all ones information. It can export to CSV files, and my database has essentially no images so images will not be a problem, but it does have URLs and formatted text. My question is whether the Tap Form import would show a hierarchy of topics, subtopics, and sub-subtopics in the left pane and whether formatting might be preserved. I’m trying to find out the answer to this BEFORE I drop US$30 on this Mac program.

Thanks
    Ron in Ohio USA

June 27, 2014 at 12:33 AM #10480

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ron,

Tap Forms arranges forms into categories. Records are pretty much flat within a form. But they can be grouped into sections based upon values in a selected field. For example, you can group a list of Movies by Genre. Within that grouping, Movie Titles can be sorted alphabetically. It does not have anymore levels than that. In other words, there’s no hierarchical arrangement of your data other than by grouping forms together into categories and records into sections.

You can download the Mac demo and play with that for free first before deciding to buy. Just click the link to the Mac Demo Download right on my home page.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.