import records and preserve fields and…

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms import records and preserve fields and…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Hi

Is it possible to import records from a csv file and preserve filed order and type without having to assign field types every time?

Also…
    I have imported some bank records but the debit and credit amounts do not show on the imported form? I have tried assigning them as text and numbers but they show as blank in form?

Cheers Nigel

January 16, 2015 at 1:19 AM #12682

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nigel,

Yes, this is possible.

If you select the form you want to import into, Tap Forms won’t create a new form for you and it will auto-assign the field types based on the form you’ve selected. As long as all the field names in the CSV file matches the fields in the form of course.

As for your import issue, try removing any currency symbols from your file before importing. If that’s not the issue, please email me a sample so I can see what you’re trying to import. A copy of your form template would be helpful too.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 16, 2015 at 2:47 AM #12688

Nigel Parrish
    Participant

Hi

If I save the records as a csv file and import as new form it shows the figures after I have assigned the debit, credit and balance column/s as a number. After import I can change them to a currency format to show correctly to two decimal places.

That is great as I can then put expense codes against the records. However if I then want to add another lot of bank records to the form later in the year….

If I then import the same csv file into that ‘new form’ it omits the figures?

I would like to import each month bank records, PayPal records and booking forms but not if the figures do not get carried in?

I will try and clean up data and send as it is banking stuff.

Cheers Nigel

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM #12693

Brendan
    Keymaster

FYI, this issue has been fixed in 3.0.3.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.