Import from FileMaker

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thor Landsverk 1 week, 4 days ago.

• Author

Thor Landsverk
    Participant

I just bought Tap Form 5 and I am struggling with importing FileMaker files into Tap form, so far not with much success I must admit. I have primarily been using csv and xlsx formats in the transfer. I guess I am in a situation familiar to Tap form users, being a long time FileMaker user in need for another platform. I have lots of small and a few large FileMaker databases. The thought has struck me that may be there is some custom software around? I would be greatful for some advice. Regards Thor

February 5, 2019 at 2:07 PM #33665

Brendan
    Keymaster

I recommend using the Merge (.mer) format when exporting from FileMaker.

Tap Forms requires the first line in the file to be the field names. The CSV file format (and probably XLSX) doesn’t provide that header row. The Merge format is essentially a CSV file, but also includes the header row that Tap Forms needs to map to the fields in the form or for creating new fields in a new form.

Also you probably need to set the File Encoding setting to MacOS Roman in Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 6, 2019 at 1:33 PM #33674

Thor Landsverk
    Participant

Thank you for your advice! Thor

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.