import / export issues (Mac)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Yogie
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I’m still struggling with the export/import functions on the Mac version. Up to now I didn’t find a convenient way to keep data in sync if the Mac version comes into the game. The Mac version has no send by email functionality and even with export/import (I guess it is still because of the foreign formats in dates and numbers) there is no easy way to deal with this. Because when I export date, date & time and numbers the export itself is not the problem but when I have to re-import there is no option to take up the format that has been exported. Do you have a timeline when you will have improved this?

Cheers and thanks!
    Joerg

October 10, 2013 at 12:41 AM #6901

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Joerg,

Can you email me the screenshots of the Import Records screen with your settings and also a sample file you’re having troubles importing? And also a screenshot of the Export Records settings screen. You should be able to import the same date format you’re exporting.

I recently had a customer who had troubles importing dates contact me. Some records imported with the dates and others didn’t. He sent me a sample file and I looked at the formats of the dates and was able to import them just fine. Even after I told him the settings I used he still had troubles. I was a bit baffled myself until I noticed that he had been using MM.dd.yyyy instead of dd.MM.yyyy as was the format in the CSV file he was trying to import. I discovered that by examining the screenshots he sent me.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.