Import Bank-Statements & Demo

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

tiptronic
    Participant

Hi there,

On my way towards paperless archives, I’m looking for an application that allows me to import my bank-statements (or credit-card statements, etc…) and add electronic receipts to the records (pdf, jpg, whatever…).

– Can I import my bank-statement (e.g. from csv) to Tap Forms and it will recognize the fields and create table of it?
    – Can I then manually add a blob field for pdf, jpg? (If yes: can I drag’n’drop files from the Finder?)
    – Will the pdfs sync to my other machines?
    – To which formats can I export the table (including blobs)?
    – Can I share/send this database to my wife and she can work with it on her machine, or do I need to export/re-import?
    – Does the iPhone-version support camera-input?

Ideally I would like to share the lists over http (i.e. like DevonThinkPro, or Filemaker Pro WebSharing). Do you plan on something like that?

There seems to be no demo available, so sorry for the number of questions.

Thanks

Andy
    PS: BTW, will there be a demo for Mac available?

October 31, 2012 at 11:11 PM #5506

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Andy,

Sorry for the late reply. I only seem to get to the forums every couple of days. Quickest way to get to me is via email.

Anyway, I’ll answer your questions inline:

– Can I import my bank-statement (e.g. from csv) to Tap Forms and it will recognize the fields and create table of it?

Yes, Tap Forms will auto-create a form for you based on the field names. It will assign a default field type of Text. If you’re using the Mac version to import then you can set the field types for each column right on the import screen.

– Can I then manually add a blob field for pdf, jpg? (If yes: can I drag’n’drop files from the Finder?)

Yes. This would be a File Attachment field type. It’s not stored as a blob in the database though. It’s just a link to the file on disk. But that file gets copied (on the Mac version) into an Attachments folder.

– Will the pdfs sync to my other machines?

Yes, if you’ve enabled iCloud sync in Tap Forms Mac and iOS then those file attachments will be synced to the other devices over iCloud.

– To which formats can I export the table (including blobs)?

Forms are exported as CSV files. On the iOS versions, if you have the option turned on, Tap Forms will export file attachments, photos, audio recordings, and drawings into a folder along with the CSV file. The folder will then be zipped up into a single compressed file.

– Can I share/send this database to my wife and she can work with it on her machine, or do I need to export/re-import?

You would have to email her the records and then she would import them. You can email form templates too which contain all the field type information built-in to it.

– Does the iPhone-version support camera-input?

Yes, and the iPad version. You can use the camera or the photo library. Tap Forms will take a copy of the photo from the photo library and copy it into the Tap Forms’ Photos folder.

– Ideally I would like to share the lists over http (i.e. like DevonThinkPro, or Filemaker Pro WebSharing). Do you plan on something like that?

No, I don’t plan on providing any kind of web service.

– PS: BTW, will there be a demo for Mac available?

No, I’m sorry, there’s no demo for Mac available.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.