Impartial Sync over iCloud

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kevin Althans
    Participant

I’m in the eval period for TF and having an issue. If I can’t resolve it I don’t know if I will keep it. I’m trying to migrate my usage from FileMaker and honestly I’m LOVING TapForms. However, I have created a database on my iMac that I am now trying to use interchangeably on my iPad in the field. When I download the app from the App Store and enable cloud syncing, it does it’s thing but only SOME of the records are sync’d.

I tried manually invoking sync, and also just let it sit there for quite awhile and nothing happens. I’ve also quit both apps and tried selectively opening them and manually sync’ing with no effect. I’m a little leery about doing too much troubleshooting because the DB I’ve created on my iMac represents several days worth of data entry that I don’t want to lose.

I can’t find any clear reason why certain records have sync’d and others have not. Closest I can come up with is perhaps the records that haven’t synced started life as duplicates of other records that I’ve then edited to make unique.

I’ve scanned the forums and seen many posts about sync issues, but no clear path to solving this particular issue.

March 27, 2022 at 9:13 AM #47040

Daniel Leu
    Participant

I’m running CouchDB on my NAS and use this to sync my databases. This works very well for me and I haven’t had any issues with syncing.

March 27, 2022 at 10:20 PM #47043

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

I would suggest syncing just from the Mac version first. Then after that syncs, close it and open the document again. Let it sync again.

Then close it and use the Send Document function to send that document to the iOS device.

You’ll have identical copies of the document on each device at that point.

Now try making a change on one device, such as a form’s icon or adding or changing a record and see how that goes.

The Nearby Sync service and the Apache CouchDB sync service both sync much quicker than iCloud.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.