Images seems to be gone after update

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jacob Holm Laursen
    Participant

Hey :-) Thanks for a nice piece of Software.

* Today I bought Tap Form 5
    * I then made a backup of my Tap Form 3.5.14
    * And imported the backup to Tap Form 5

Then I found out that my images weren’t included in my new database.

I then wanted to try again. When I now opened Tap Form 3 I could see the thumbnails of the pictures in the “grid view”. But when I opened a single post the image seemed to be gone?

What has happened and how do I get the images back again?

Best regards JAcob

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM #18417

Sirius
    Participant

Same happened to me. As far as I know my images were not missing in TF3 prior to migration. But then again I did not check before migration. I restored a TF3 backup from last November by using TF5 to migrate this TF3 backup into TF5. Still no images.

August 10, 2016 at 4:29 PM #18423

Brendan
    Keymaster

Could it be that you had iCloud turned off before the backup was made? The images would be stored in a different location when you have iCloud on vs. having iCloud off. If you turn on iCloud again and then turn it off, but this time when you see the option to “Keep a Local Copy”, choose that option.

One of the issues with the old version is that images could disappear sometimes if this situation occurred. They were still there in iCloud, but Tap Forms was looking for them in a different location.

August 10, 2016 at 7:08 PM #18436

Sirius
    Participant

Found my images! They were in iCloud. I now understand what happened. Prior to synching with Dropbox I had used iCloud. Looks like when I changed to using Dropbox my pictures were left behind on iCloud. Thank you.

August 11, 2016 at 12:25 AM #18447

Jacob Holm Laursen
    Participant

Cool! That worked for me too :-)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.