Images missing all of a sudden?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Hi, I’m not exactly sure when this happened but it must have happened after an update or something as I have not edited my DB for some months. I have over 1300 entries the majority of which contain images. I have just noticed though that all of the images that I have placed into each entry are missing?

Can anyone explain what has happened? Is this a known issue? Is there a workaround? Any ideas?

I literally have not touched my DB, I open it up this morning and all the images are gone?

December 15, 2014 at 5:25 AM #12312

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Can anyone help with this? All of the images included with my records are missing all of a sudden?

December 16, 2014 at 4:04 AM #12329

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Clint,

There may be an issue with the icloud-enabled flag in version 3.0.1 that isn’t set. It tells Tap Forms where to look for the images.

Can you please type this into the Terminal application and then re-launch Tap Forms?

defaults write com.tapforms.mac icloud-enabled 1

After you re-launch Tap Forms, do you see your images?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 16, 2014 at 4:27 AM #12334

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for replying. I have tried what you suggested and sadly it has not remedied the situation.

It’s difficult because I cannot specify exactly when this issue may have occurred. I do not use my database that much. I just use it for reference every now and again. I have not edited or added any records for at least 2 months. This is why I thought that it may have happened after an update because it was complete and working fine, but then I noticed that all the images were missing after zero interaction from myself changing a setting or something.

I was simply going to revert to the last back-up to see if it would load the images again as before but wanted to check if this was a known issue that could be solved easily with a small fix.

I’ll wait and see if there is any more advice you can give on this issue and then try a back-up reload. It would be nice to know what caused the issue and essentially whether the back-up reload will actually reload the images to their corresponding records.

btw, I’m on OSX Yosemite with tap forms 3.0.2 with a 690MB database with 1035 records. Around 50% of which had up to 20 images included but the majority only 2+ images per record.

Regards

Clint

December 18, 2014 at 2:06 AM #12376

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Clint,

Yes, I would suggest doing the restore to see if they come back. I’m not sure what has caused this without being able to examine your hard drive and database file in person to see if the database records match up with the files on disk.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 18, 2014 at 6:09 PM #12411

Clint Mitchell
    Participant

Ok, that’s brought them back. Very strange indeed

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.