Images Disappeared During Migration to V5

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Images Disappeared During Migration to V5

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Josh Langford
    Participant

I have a rather large database so I had to migrate through the iTunes File Sync.

I copied the TapForms_db.sqlite file (2.4GB) to my PC. The two folders, com.clickspace.tapforms.settings and Share, showed as Zero K so they wouldn’t copy. I recreated them as empty folders on my PC and put all of it into TF-Backup.zip

I then copied this to Tap Forms 5 with iTunes File Sync and did the migration within the app on my iPhone.

Everything is there – except the 5,790 cover art and other images for all of the records.

Did I miss something? I’m not sure why they’re not there and I don’t see adding nearly 5,800 images back into the records manually as a viable option.

I’m kinda bummed out because if I can’t get this figured out I’m going to end up not really having any use for V5 after I bought the upgrade.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

February 1, 2017 at 10:03 AM #20985

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

Did the Photos folder make it into your zip file?

Did you have iCloud sync enabled at all in the previous version? If so, then photos are stored elsewhere on your device and may not even be on your device. I would suggest disabling iCloud sync and choosing the “Keep a Local Copy” option when prompted. That will tell iCloud to download all the photos. It might take a while.

Then copy the folders to your computer via iTunes File Sharing.

When you make the zip file, make sure that the TapForms_db.sqlite and the Photos folder are at the top level of the .zip file. There should be no folder on the inside of the zip file above the level of the TapForms_db.sqlite file and the Photos folder.

February 1, 2017 at 3:22 PM #20993

Josh Langford
    Participant

Thank you, yes, it was the iCloud Sync. I turned it off, kept a local copy and now I see the Photos folder. But… I can’t see to copy any of the folders to my PC. The Database file comes over but the folders do not.

I’ve tried on the iPhone and the iPad, updated both iTunes and the two devices, rebooted the computer. I’m not sure why the folders won’t drag and drop like the file does.

Has anyone else run into this issue? Is there any other solution to get this all migrated to V5? When I try to use the migration tool built into the app it gets to about 30% or so and then the app closes. It never generates a file.

February 1, 2017 at 3:28 PM #20995

Josh Langford
    Participant

Derp, just found the solution. There’s a “Save to” button all the way at the bottom of the Documents window. I had to scroll down down down to see it.

It looks like things are working now.

Thank you so much for your help and for all your work on Tap Forms. I use it so much that’s it’s become pretty indispensable to me.

February 1, 2017 at 4:45 PM #20999

Brendan
    Keymaster

You can usually also just drag files and folders from iTunes File Sharing to your desktop. That’s usually how I do it. But if you have a PC maybe it’s different. I use a Mac.

February 1, 2017 at 5:41 PM #21001

Josh Langford
    Participant

Yeah, I’m on a PC and the drag and drop wasn’t working for the folders at all, just the .sqlite file. iTunes doesn’t play so well with PC at times.

It’s all good now, thanks. Excited to mess around with V5 a bit.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.