Image Sizing When Using Link to Form > Join

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Image Sizing When Using Link to Form > Join

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Gary Treible
    Participant

My database has two forms. One contains only a scan of a magazine cover and an issue number. The other contains a complete table of contents (title(s), author(s), page(s), etc.) and the issue number. I have these forms “joined” by issue number and I’ve set it up so that I correctly link to the cover scan of the found issue(s) when I search the table of contents. This all works just fine. My problem is that the image I get from the “covers” form is tiny (to fit in the spreadsheet-like grid that “Link to form” presents). How can I control the size of the image on the form so I can actually see it? I’ve tried “dragging” the cell boundaries to make the cell larger (as you would in Excel) but this does not work. All the examples I can find only link text (or a number) from the child form. This works fine because the data “fits” in the default grid. I need to be able to control the displayed size in the case of an image.

May 14, 2018 at 11:05 AM #28665

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

The multi-column list view allows you to control the font size which will increase the row height, but not by a huge amount. There’s no equivalent function for the Link to Form or Table fields that are displayed on the Default Layout or custom layouts. So if this is a Link to Form field, then you would have to double-click on the row number to view the details of that record in order to see the photo larger.

May 15, 2018 at 11:35 AM #28670

Gary Treible
    Participant

Thank you Brendan. I think the join function is relatively new. Hopefully in a future release there could be more control over the display of linked fields.

Thanks again!

Gary

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.