image file size

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

harringg
    Participant

I’m looking to add a series of images created on the desktop to my TapForms database. I’m using iPhone4 on Verizon. What are the proper dimensions to size them in Photoshop so they fit full screen and will be small file sizes on the phone?

Dimensions should be:

pixels tall: ?

pixels wide:?

ppi:?

Thanks

February 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM #4426

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Harringg,

If your photos are in your Photo Library on your iPhone, then you don’t need to worry about the dimensions. When you pick a photo from your library, Tap Forms will auto-scale it to fit within a 1024×1024 bounding area.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 16, 2011 at 9:01 PM #4440

harringg
    Participant

My question was, if I’m creating an image on the desktop from scratch (think an inventory/parts database) to be imported via the Files>Web Server, what is the proper size so that it’s viewed full size in TapForms?

Is the answer 1024×1024?

February 16, 2011 at 9:07 PM #4441

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh I see. Well, when you import files using the Web Server, they can only be done one file at a time. You might want to use the FTP server instead to copy a whole folder of files into Tap Forms for your needs. Then, your CSV file could have the path to the image file including the folder where you put them. E.g. “Parts Images/My Part 1.jpg”. Where “Parts Images” is the name of the folder where you’re storing your images. With that type of link to an image, you’ll need to use the File Attachment field type in your form. Now, when you tap on the blue circle button to view the file, you’ll be using the built-in web browser in Tap Forms for viewing it. So it doesn’t really matter what the file size of the image is. But you might want to keep it to an appropriate size. Try experimenting. Start small, say 320×480 and see how that looks.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.