Image Field Not Displaying in Form View

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

gkuehn
    Participant

Hi, I’m using the demo version of Tap Forms. I just imported a Bento database which is an image archive of an artists work. I need to be able to browse by thumbnails. The title of my image field is “media” but the images do not display in multi-column view, however the work “media” is listed for each record. In single-column view the thumbnails are too small to see although I have selected the largest thumbnail size in field properties.

I’ve read in other forums that a grid view like Bento’s is being considered. I would LOVE this, in the meantime I just need the thumbnails to display as they seem to in the Tap Forms video demonstrations that I’ve seen for movie databases.

Thanks so much!!
    Cindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 14, 2014 at 1:51 PM #10633

gkuehn
    Participant

Hi, just to update. I bought the full version and am still encountering the same problem. Thanks

August 15, 2014 at 7:52 AM #10637

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gkuehn,

If you drag your photo field to the first position in the list of fields on the Field Properties tab of the Edit Form sheet, then the thumbnails will display on the left of the single-column list view using the size you’ve specified for thumbnails.

The multi-column list view’s rows are a fixed height so they won’t show the large thumbnails.

And thanks for the feature request for a photo grid view.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 15, 2014 at 8:05 AM #10639

gkuehn
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

That worked for some, but not all images. They are all 72 dpi 8.5 x 11″ images.

Best,
    Cindy

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 15, 2014 at 8:06 AM #10641

gkuehn
    Participant

I should also say that they are all .jpg

August 15, 2014 at 2:47 PM #10644

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try changing the thumbnail size to something else, click the Done button on the Edit Form sheet, then see if they all get generated. Then try the large size again. That should kick off the thumbnails to get re-generated again.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.