Imac isn't syncing – sync line stays on

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Imac isn't syncing – sync line stays on

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Hi,
    I bought a new Macbook pro because Tapforms wasn’t syncing on my old Mac, but I’m having the same problem. I’ve tried changing the encryption key on all my devices. It seems that the info is transferring to my iPhone,but not my iPad. The sync line stays on my Macbook pro, and I keep getting the message that synchronization failed. I’m using Macboook Pro version 3.0.1, and Iphone version 3.9.2 and the latest iPad version.
    I’ve read thru some of your forums but the directions are too complicated for me. I don’t know how to go into keychains or use code.
    Please advise. I don’t want to lose my info. I created a backup on an external hard drive.
    Also, I can’t take pictures or import any pictures into my picture field on my new Macbook Pro. What’s that all about??
    Thanx,
    Faith

December 11, 2014 at 12:17 AM #12221

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Faith,

I would recommend resetting iCloud sync by clicking the Reset iCloud Sync button and installing the version 3.0.2 update from the Mac App Store. Then re-enable iCloud sync on each device.

As long as you’ve set the key to be the same for all devices, you shouldn’t see those sync failed errors. After you’ve reset iCloud sync, wait a little while for iCloud to propagate that to your other devices. You’ll know it has done that when the other devices’ lists of Registered Devices clears.

Re-enable iCloud sync on each device and wait for them to show up on each other device.

Then click the upload to iCloud button on your Mac. The sync data should be transmitted to your iPhone and iPad after it goes up to Apple’s iCloud servers and then down to your other devices.

I’m not sure about the photo field, but I responded to that in your other topic.

Thanks,

Brendan

December 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM #12232

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Woo Hoo!! After downloading all the updates on all the devices, my devices are all happily seeing each other and syncing together. Thank you again for a wonderful, and easy to use product.
    Faith

December 12, 2014 at 2:40 AM #12261

Brendan
    Keymaster

I second that Woo Hoo! :-)

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.