IF…THEN

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Petra Jovkov
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to make a database for a bingo club. And I want to record the count of bingo’s that one member would have. Let’s say he needs 14 bingo calls to achieve level 1. He would then start again with zero bingo’s and as soon as he has 14 again he would reach level 2….and so on.
    Can I make a field in my members form where I can add or check “bingo’s” up to 14 and IF this number is reached how can I make a calculation that counts one step every time this 14 bingo’s are reached?
    I hope anyone understood what I need :-)
    Thank you for your help!
    Petra

January 6, 2016 at 12:21 AM #15585

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Petra,

Well, you can do something like this with a Calculation field formula using a divide function:

Bingo Calls / 14

You’ll get 1 when Bingo Calls is 14, 2 when it’s 28, and so on.

Bingo Calls would have to be a Number field that you manually input though.

January 6, 2016 at 2:55 AM #15586

Petra Jovkov
    Participant

Hi Brendan….and thank you so much for your SUPERQUICK answer!
    I can use your input but do you have any idea how I can “reset” the 14 Bingo’s and keep the count of levels?
    Thanks again and best regards
    Petra

January 6, 2016 at 7:26 PM #15590

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Petra,

Well that’s the one thing that wouldn’t work. You’d just have to keep incrementing the Bingo Count forever. There isn’t a programming language built-in to Tap Forms to make what you want to do easy.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 7, 2016 at 9:01 AM #15593

Petra Jovkov
    Participant

Thank you Brendan…I found a way that is working for me. I count up to 14 and then I use rating stars for the levels. That means I have to manually set the level that my member has but it is working and like this I can filter and search for members by their level.
    Anyway – great App!!!!!
    Thank you so much for your quick help.
    BR
    Petra

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.