IF-THEN Text Concatenation

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Dean Catiis
    Participant

I just bought Tap Forms today, and I already love it!

I love the text concatenation ability using Calculation type field. Is there a way to concatenate fields based on an IF-THEN logic. What I am trying to do is create a mailing addressee line based on concatenation of the first name and last name fields, and only if the person is married then do I concatenate the spouse’s name?

first_name + ” ” + last_name + IF married then + ” & ” + spouse_name + ” ” + spouse_last_name

Something like that.That way the resulting field does not look like “John Doe &” if he is not married.

Thanks!
    Dean

January 9, 2016 at 11:34 PM #15621

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

I’m sorry but the math parser I use does have an IF/THEN function using “IF(value, then some value, else some other value)” e.g. IF(Price > 100, 1.05, 0.00) but it only works with numeric data.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 18, 2017 at 5:01 PM #21201

Bob Bower
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Woud be a great feature. It has my vote!
    Bob

May 4, 2017 at 3:17 PM #22914

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Dean,

With version 5.1.1 of Tap Forms, you can accomplish what you were trying to do with the text calculation:

1) Assume that the “If Married” condition is determined by the spouse_name field either having a value or being empty. No name, no spouse.
    2) Then use this formula: IFEMPTY(spouse_name, first_name + ” ” + last_name, first_name + ” ” + last_name + ” & ” + spouse_name + ” ” + spouse_last_name)

I think that should work for you.

— Mike

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.