Icon in note field?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Prashant M
    Participant

I’ve no clue why’s it there in pics and how to get rid of it ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 19, 2022 at 11:05 PM #46352

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

There might be an invisible character there, try deleting a few characters around the image and see if it disappears after saving. There are a couple of “special” characters that can be placeholders for stuff.

January 20, 2022 at 2:49 AM #46356

Brendan
    Keymaster

Did you copy that text from some other place and paste it into your Note field? It could be a text attachment to a file or something that’s causing that.

January 20, 2022 at 1:59 PM #46359

Prashant M
    Participant

There are no special characters . I’m simply using Siri to dictate into text fields. I did try deleting commas and period but the situation still remains

January 20, 2022 at 2:11 PM #46362

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s very strange. I have not been able to reproduce that by using Siri to speak into a Note field and have it transcribe to text.

Does it happen with every note field you use Siri for?

What if you just type? Does it also happen when you type into the field?

January 20, 2022 at 2:13 PM #46363

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

It wouldn’t be the comma or period but a character next to it. For the second icon for example, start a selection at the start of the period (including the period) and then expand the selection to the right until you have the I selected, delete those characters and retype the period, space and upper case I to see if it fixes things.

January 20, 2022 at 8:05 PM #46365

Prashant M
    Participant

I’ve deleted characters like period and comma , it doesn’t make a difference.

Please see, Siri in action (with the icon)

https://dsc.cloud/aa1aba/Movie-2022-01-21-08-32.mov

January 20, 2022 at 9:47 PM #46366

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I can reproduce it and selecting the invisible character and deleting it works. See attached.

Obviously it’s inserting some sort of record delimiter that is being turned into the icon. Not entirely surprised, these sorts of things happen. The barcode scanner puts in a delimiter with the USPS barcodes too.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 21, 2022 at 12:25 AM #46369

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, so it seems like if you tap the keyboard button after you speak, it seems to add this strange invisible character. But if you just tap Save after you’ve finished speaking, it does not. Something is weird here.

January 25, 2022 at 1:00 PM #46428

Prashant M
    Participant

Do I need to do anything more or this can be logged in as a bug?

January 25, 2022 at 2:06 PM #46432

Brendan
    Keymaster

Try tapping the Save button instead of dismissing the keyboard to avoid this for now.

I’ll have to see what’s actually causing the problem. Haven’t had time just yet.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.