iCloud syncing error

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi, I have been trying since yesterday to sync a new form from my mac to my iPad mini and my iPhone via iCloud. My iPad gave me the message the there was an error syncing and that communication with the “Hilfs-App” (helping app?) was not possible.

(I’ve created a form with data for our family vacation and would like to access it when we are away).
    I have watched your video and even activating sync manually from my mac doesn’t work.

My file ‘my file Tap Forms’ is showing on all devices, just not the new form.

Any tips? I am really looking forward to finally having an organised vacation. Thanks.

Regards,
    Kim

July 8, 2017 at 3:41 PM #23673

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

Another of my customers had this error too. I’m not sure what’s causing it. But I would recommend rebooting all your devices to see if that solves the issue. I don’t actually have that error message anywhere in my application so it must be coming from Apple’s CloudKit framework (which is what I use to provide iCloud syncing).

Thanks,

Brendan

July 9, 2017 at 6:27 AM #23678

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

While trying to get it to run, I encountered this bilingual message today:

“Synchronisierung ist fehlgeschlagen
    Fehler beim Versenden zu iCloud.

Encountered an error fetching records”

The first sentence just means that the sync didn’t work. There was an error in sending records to icloud. That came from my iPad.

I’m attempting to reinstall TapForms on my iPhone by deleting it, then doing a hard restart, reinstalling it and then let the iPhone try to catch the records. If it works, I’ll post it here.

Regards
    Kim

July 9, 2017 at 12:28 PM #23681

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

I wasn’t successful in reinstalling my original files. I was successful in creating a new one on my iMac and it connected right away to my iPad. The new file was created by copying my form to the archive, and saving the data there as well.

Perhaps my original file is just too big to be dealt with by iCloud? I’ll try deleting unnecessary forms. Perhaps that will help.

Regards,
    Kimberley

July 9, 2017 at 12:58 PM #23683

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kimberly,

The second part of the error message is coming directly from Apple’s CloudKit framework. So that was a message that Apple spat out and I was just reacting to the fact that there was some sort of error and displayed it to the user. Unfortunately it obviously wasn’t a very clear or useful message.

To get the document back on to your iPad, you can use the Send Document function if you like. That may work better for you. Or just disable iCloud sync on your existing document and re-enable iCloud sync and the placeholder version of it (with the little down arrow in the cloud indicator) should appear on your iPad shortly after.

July 9, 2017 at 1:21 PM #23685

Kimberley Hoffman
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll try it. I want to clean up the old forms anyway, as some are out of date and some seem to be either placeholders/form suggestions from the original TapForms3 or left over from Bento from way back when.

But before I touch anything, I’ll be doing a big back-up of files and data. Just in case I touch the wrong thing. (Those buttons on the iPhone are really, really, small)

Have a good evening
    Kim

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.