iCloud synchronization process error

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Keld_Denmark
    Participant

I am a new Tap Form user, and the program is driving me crazy. Here is my story:
    I have installed the program on 2 units:
    My iPAD.
    My MacBook Pro.
    I find, that there is something totally wrong with the iCloud synchronization process. For example do I have one database with 93 records. I started worked with the database on my Mac, it was synchronized several times with my iPad.
    Looking on Tap Form on my Mac, does the program tell me, that I have 93 records (badge in left column), but “no records in column 2” and i the Form column the message: “No records selected”.
    Now when I look at the menu “Forms/Edit form…/Field Proprieties” I can see, that there is a very long list of fields. The field list is totally fucked up. All prior deleted fields is still there. The should have beed in sync, but are not! They are instead added to the list and not deleted.
    What am I doing wrong?

August 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM #6456

Pete Forster
    Participant

I get pretty much the same thing! Problem is if Synching is unreliable I lose trust in my data being safe and that’s not good news. Stopped using it.

August 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM #6460

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have no First Sort Field selected? That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause a record count to display, but 0 records to be displayed when selecting that form.

The thing to remember about sync is to do one device at a time. Let the other devices auto-sync after you’ve tapped the sync button. So for example, if you make a change on your Mac, click the sync button on your Mac. Then fire up Tap Forms on your iPhone and iPad and wait for them to auto-sync there. Don’t press the sync button there. iCloud may still be uploading the sync files from your Mac to the iCloud servers. On your iOS devices you may or may not see the progress bar increment when a file is being downloaded from iCloud.

Once the file has been downloaded though, you should see the “Syncing from iCloud” message appear in the status bar on the iOS device. The Mac will display a “Syncing…” message in an alert sheet when the same thing is happening.

If you have some troubles with sync, try doing the Reset iCloud Sync procedure.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.