iCloud Synch Sharing

• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

RichardHerd1904
    Participant

As a long time user of IOS Tap Forms I’ve just purchased the MAC version to keep mine an my wifes Iphones and Macbook Airs synchronised.

We have 1 shared Apple ID but, crucially, two iCloud IDs.

I have successfuly registered and synched my MacBook Air and Iphone as they are on my own iCloud account.

Is there any simple way to keep my wifes iPhone and MacBook Air on her iCloud account synchronised with my Tap Forms database ?

Grateful for your suggestions

Richard

April 20, 2013 at 2:36 PM #6142

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Richard,

Unfortunately not. You have to use the same iCloud Apple ID in order for that to work. The same would go for any iCloud enabled app such as Keynote, Numbers, and Pages.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 25, 2013 at 8:16 AM #6158

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brendan,
    is it possible to synchronize multiple devices using DropBox, since none for icloud. This would be exremely useful for my family also. Could this feature be a possible add-on for future releases?

April 25, 2013 at 8:43 AM #6161

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello 11coco,

At the moment I don’t have Dropbox sync implemented. Sync in Tap Forms relies on the infrastructure and APIs provided by iCloud. However, as the Dropbox sync API improves I am considering adding it as an option. I know that would open the doors to providing multi-user sync capabilities. But there are technical challenges to overcome in relation to all the non-database files that I have to sync. What I mean by that is, iCloud sync can work in the background when Tap Forms isn’t even running. For example, when you have iCloud sync enabled in Tap Forms and then you take a photo, generate a CSV file export, record some audio, or create a drawing, Tap Forms simply copies that file into a special folder on your device. At some point later, the iCloud process running on the device will upload those files to the iCloud servers at Apple. Tap Forms doesn’t even have to be running for this process to happen. It just happens in the background. The same goes for downloading data from iCloud.

However, with Dropbox sync, you would have to have Tap Forms running the entire time the upload and download process is happening.

So there are some technical challenges to getting this working properly that I haven’t yet begun to work out.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM #6162

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the explanation, Brendan. I do appreciate your effort to make it clear. By this you have made a new user a true believer. Thanks.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.