iCloud Sync with iOS 15

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

timzu
    Participant

Since updating to iOS 15 I have had issues with Tap Forms syncing. When I make a change on my Mac (Mac OS 11.6) it will not always update all of the records that have changed when I open Tap Forms on my iOS devices. It seems to be random. For example, a photo added on my Mac might appear on my iPad, but not appear on my iPhone.
    I have tried disabling iCloud on all devices and then reenabling it. I have also tried deleting Tap Forms on both the iPhone and iPad and reinstalling it. Neither seems to help.

Additionally, by the way, this forum site will not allow me to update my password. When I try to type in the “Type your new password again” field it will not let me type anything.

October 14, 2021 at 1:17 AM #45478

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Timzu,

Do you have enough space left in iCloud? Perhaps you’re running out?

And I’m assuming you’ve got the same Document ID (the db-…. value) on each device for the document you’re syncing?

It could also be a delay with Apple’s CloudKit servers.

October 14, 2021 at 7:21 AM #45482

timzu
    Participant

Yes, I have a 200GB account with plenty of space. It is the same document. It’s been syncing fine until I installed iOS 15.

October 15, 2021 at 1:22 AM #45489

Brendan
    Keymaster

I was just testing it out between my iPhone and iPad running iOS 15.0 on my iPhone and 15.0.1 on my iPad.

It seems to be syncing fine between both devices in both directions. Although when I added fields on one device I had to close and re-open the document for the new fields to show up on the other device. But that could just be a refresh issue.

So try closing and re-opening the document.

And maybe do a test with a brand new document to see if that will sync.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.