iCloud Sync problems….More

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

rleathen
    Participant

I am trying to get my 2 iphones and my ipad to properly sync using icloud drive. I have followed the instructions as detailed in the forum posting:

‘Synchronization Failed’ error message? Read this.

but upon re-enabling icloud sync I do not see any of the other devices as being registered. When I look on my ipad all I see is the ipad. When I look on my iphone all I see is my iphone as being registered.

This whole iCloud sync’ing issue is really becoming a headache.

Can you please suggest what my next course of action would be?

Rob

November 7, 2014 at 4:21 PM #11657

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

I’m sorry for this problem. When this happens, it’s because iCloud Drive just hasn’t copied the files Tap Forms is generating to your other devices.

There are a number of things you can try.

0. Make a backup of all your data.

1. Try rebooting each device. Do a full power off by holding down the power button for a few seconds until you see the “Slide to power off” message appear. Do that.

2. Try the instructions on this thread:

Deleting Documents & Data to help with iCloud Sync

The above are actually the Mac instructions, but it’s the same idea for iOS. But instead, you go to the iCloud settings in the Settings app:

a. Tap on Storage
    b. Tap on Manage Storage
    c. Find the entry for “Tap Forms Lite Organizer…”
    d. Tap on it
    e. Tap on the Edit button
    f. Tap on the Delete All button

3. Sign off iCloud and Sign back on.

Don’t do all three unless you still have troubles. Start with 1, then if that doesn’t work, do 2, then 3.

Also be patient because iCloud may have a whole bunch of files to re-sync after you do this. It could take over an hour if you have lots of data depending also on your Internet connection speed.

Also make sure you have the latest OS versions on each device. OS X 10.10 Yosemite for your Macs if you have any and iOS 8.1 on all your iOS devices and also make sure iCloud Drive is enabled on each device.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM #11662

rleathen
    Participant

Brendan I found the forum posting detailing the deletion of the documents on icloud and followed those instructions (as you indicated in your response). Eventually all devices became visible to all other devices and eventually all devices became sync’ed. While I think the idea of iCloud is great it sure has its horrible idiosyncrasies and at times solutions to fix sync’ing issues can be cumbersome.

Thanks again for your help.

Rob

November 7, 2014 at 7:16 PM #11664

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.