iCloud Sync not working

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

briancharles
    Participant

I enabled iClound sync on my iPhone 4 and synced. I enabled iCloud sync on my iPad 1 and synced. No apparent issues with syncing on either device. Each device only displays itself in “Registered Devices” under iCloud Sync.

Isn’t the idea that both will show up and that a sync will carry forms, data etc back and forth between the two devices? If I have a form and data in the iPhone and sync, shouldn’t I be able to sync the iPad and then have that form and data on the iPad. Then any edits regardless of which device it is done on will be synced to the other device when I do an iCloud sync?

Why are they not seeing each other as a registered device and why is the data not moved between them? I have turned off iCloud sync within TapForms on the iPhone and iPad and turned back on and still not working.

September 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM #5381

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

There’s a blog post which I made which might help you out with this situation. If the devices don’t see each other in the list of Registered Devices, then sync won’t happen.

Please read my blog post then follow the link provided for more tips on getting this to work:

Trouble with iCloud Sync

Let me know if this helps.

Brendan

September 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM #5382

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also, you would sync when you’ve made changes that you want pushed to your other devices. Tap Forms uses a manual push, automatic pull process. That means when you tap the Sync button, Tap Forms will gather all the changes since the last time you tapped the Sync button, upload them to iCloud, then when your other devices launch Tap Forms, after the files have been downloaded there, Tap Forms will process them and sync up.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM #5384

briancharles
    Participant

I followed steps 1-4 on that site, and it is still not working in the sense that the devices don’t see each other under “Registered Devices”, but in Settings-iCloud-manage storage I do see that TapForms has put something up there. It is not worth time of a backup and restore. Maybe when iCloud matures a bit. Nice idea though!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.