iCloud Sync/Form Count

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

derek
    Participant

Hi Brendan

I’ve finally had time to get my MBP Tapforms going again. The sync works but my “Form Counts” are not the same as Desktop and iPhone version(they match each other). I don’t see anything missing(but didn’t look for long -newest are there) but the counts are all off a few.. been cycling iCloud sync on/off to no affect.

anything else I can try?

thanks again
    derek

June 14, 2019 at 3:45 AM #35085

derek
    Participant

Hi Brendan

Sorry for the trouble! on/off finally worked after many tries and hours!

everything fine now.

thanks
    derek

June 14, 2019 at 5:34 PM #35088

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

In my own experience, I’ve found that iCloud Sync can take some time for everything to propagate and align. I switched over to mostly using CouchDB based sync since it feels a little more responsive at handling bulk changes than iCloud. I think each time you enable and disable the iCloud Sync it also resets and starts from scratch it’s reconciliation process.

June 15, 2019 at 12:32 PM #35102

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, when you disable iCloud sync, Tap Forms deletes all the metadata that’s stored within a local table in the database. By local table, I mean one that doesn’t sync. The metadata tells CloudKit what objects have synced so far. There’s also a server tag that’s stored locally which is used to determine what set of changes haven’t been downloaded yet. When you disable sync, both those things are removed and then Tap Forms will re-download everything that’s in iCloud and will then re-upload everything that’s on that local device.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.