ICloud sync behaviour?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

tonyt
    Participant

Hi
    When I change a couple of records I usually get a ‘sync sending 1/2’ message and all is good.
    A few times in the last six months on all my devices .. iMac, MBPro, iPad, iPhone.. the sync sending has gone on to over 10,000 taking quite a while to complete on each device. i have done nothing out of the ordinary to create this event, unless I am missing something!
    Any ideas?
    Cheers…

July 19, 2022 at 10:52 AM #47628

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

It would seem to me that the sync started over from the beginning. I’m not sure why that would happen. But the 10,000 is a sequence number that gets incremented each time a change is made to the database. And it’s just counting up to the highest sequence number when syncing.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 19, 2022 at 11:31 AM #47630

tonyt
    Participant

Is it to do with iCloud sync mechanism maybe? Are you still developing new Dropbox alternative? Hope so!
    Cheers…

February 19, 2023 at 5:26 AM #48952

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Brendan
    FYI since last post still occurring, today included! Just wondering if this happening to anyone else? Any news on the new sync system you are developing yet?
    Cheers…

February 19, 2023 at 12:40 PM #48956

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tony,

I’m rolling it into a new big upgrade of Tap Forms so it’s not ready yet. And I don’t know when it will be. It’s a big job that I’ve been working on for more than a year.

Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 20, 2023 at 12:03 AM #48960

tonyt
    Participant

No problem, just looking forward to what’s to come!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.