iCloud sync… again.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Kirk Williams
    Participant

I absolutely hate to generate yet another thread on this topic, but I’m really at the end of my rope with trying to get iCloud sync to work reliably.

I use TapForms 5 on two macOS devices (MacBook Pro & Mac mini) and an iPhone. The MBP and phone seem to work fine (although to be fair, all documents were created on the MacBook). The Mac mini simply WILL NOT sync files. I’ve been through this forum front and back, but have yet to find any solution. To make things more complicated, the behavior seems to be inconsistent with each attempt. Sometimes, the sync seems to “attempt” indefinitely, with just the spinning arrows, eventually requiring a force-quit. Other times, I will actually get sending/receiving indication, but the operation will hang at a certain number, again forcing me to close the app. Other times I experience the most frustrating scenario… sync “completes” without any apparent issues, yet the document data is simply missing. Some documents are completely null after sync (no forms, lists, categories, etc). Other documents will, in fact, sync some of the structure, but no records.

To make matters worse, I have documents that will populate differently each time I open them on the mini. I will open a doc to find no records were synced… then after restarting the app the same document will open, then “sync”, and this time display no forms, lists, etc. The console on all documents is completely blank. I simply don’t even know where to begin to troubleshoot this issue, as there is no clear indication that I can find within the app interface that indicates any issue or error has occurred.

There has to be something I’m missing here. Any advice to help me determine what is greatly appreciated!

April 20, 2020 at 5:42 AM #40357

Gary Brand
    Participant

I too find that iCloud does not sync reliably between my iPhone, iPad, and Mac documents. My databases are simple but the number of records is differ between the documents on the different devices.

April 21, 2020 at 4:23 AM #40363

Victor Warner
    Participant

I had problems too with iCloud Sync.

My main problem was that a layout (or a change to a layout) would not be synced to other devices.

I had few issues with data not syncing (fortunately) between devices.

In the end I switched to Nearby sync as having all the data always immediately up to date was not that critical. There are few issues with this too but it is far less problematic then iCloud Sync.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.