iCloud option not working El Capitan

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Been using Tap Forms for a couple years and recently upgraded my Mac to OS 10.11.3, and having trouble getting iCloud to work

I went to preferences–>Sync–>selected iCloud and nothing seemed to happen.

It won’t sync if I schedule a sync, if I select either “after launching app” or “before quitting app” or if I tried to do a manual sync. Every time I click on “Cloud Sync” it tells me I need to select a sync service still.

I’m signed into iCloud and I have iCloud Drive enabled. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

March 25, 2016 at 12:50 AM #16194

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carl,

Make sure that Tap Forms is enabled for iCloud Drive.

Launch System Preferences, then click on iCloud. Then click on the Options button next to iCloud Drive. Then make sure there’s a checkmark beside Tap Forms.

Then re-launch Tap Forms and you should see the list of registered devices popover view display when you click the Cloud Sync button in the toolbar.

Brendan

March 25, 2016 at 3:38 AM #16198

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, this makes sense — but I don’t have an Options button next to iCloud drive? I do next to Photos and Keychain. I know that isn’t Tap Forms fault, but any thoughts?

Thanks again — love the product and the support!

Carl

March 25, 2016 at 10:51 AM #16200

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well that’s very odd. It should be there. Just like in the attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 25, 2016 at 10:52 AM #16203

Brendan
    Keymaster

Sorry for the small screenshots. I was testing out a new screen capture tool.

But you should be able to see that there’s an Options button just to the right of iCloud Drive. Then when you click on it, it displays a list of apps which have iCloud Drive support. Make sure that Tap Forms is selected.

March 25, 2016 at 10:57 AM #16204

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Yeah, what your saying makes total sense — I’ve started a thread in Apple Support to see if anyone there has any ideas.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 25, 2016 at 11:13 AM #16208

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh wow, that’s very odd. That definitely could be the problem. I have even Apple apps show up in the options list, such as TextEdit, Xcode, and QuickTime Player.

March 28, 2016 at 7:44 AM #16230

Carl Leivers
    Participant

Well, tried to the ol’ “turn it off, turn it back on” and the options box showed up. Followed the instructions in the other thread and got everything synced between the computer and iPad.

Thanks as always for a great product and great support!

Carl

March 28, 2016 at 9:54 PM #16235

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Carl,

Oh that’s great! Very strange that the button was missing, but glad the ol’ restart of the service worked for you.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.