icloud and contacts

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

paulwebb
    Participant

so i have build and tested the database on my ipad mini great. I set up a icloud link to my mac and all seemed well. I made a few changes to the database design on the ipad and it would not then sync to the mac. No probs i cleared the mac and then imported via dropbox.
    The problem is in list view I can see the contacts but in the form view the contacts are empty. I turned icloud off quick. Made backups etc.
    So anybody know whats going on?

December 31, 2012 at 10:10 AM #5799

LDamers
    Participant

I’ve had the same problem for awhile now but no solution has been found. Glad i’m not the only one with the problem, hopefully now this will be corrected.

January 1, 2013 at 3:00 AM #5804

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you click on another record and then click on the same record again, does it show up? I’ll do some investigations on this. It could be a refresh issue.

Also, do you have the contacts synced still on your Mac? If they’re not there, it could be that Tap Forms can’t find them anymore in your contacts database.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 1, 2013 at 11:18 AM #5806

paulwebb
    Participant

yep check all of that. Know imac tapforms just hangs on sync. Ended up doing a force quit. is there a time out?

Happy New Year

January 1, 2013 at 1:20 PM #5808

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

I think Apple’s having troubles with iCloud since yesterday. I have been reading the Apple Developer Support Forums and lots of other developers are seeing problems with iCloud sync today. So I don’t think it’s a Tap Forms problem at the moment because it was working, but now it’s just not.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 5, 2013 at 5:26 AM #5822

paulwebb
    Participant

icloud working again but contacts are still not populating field. Any ideas. Contact app is defiantly syncing.
    I have just cleared the mac database and relinked to ipad. This is after clearing it and loading from Dropbox. Its got me stumped

January 5, 2013 at 10:11 AM #5825

LDamers
    Participant

Paul,

I’ve noticed when trying to deal with this issue I can start a icloud sync from my phone or iPad and the contact will show up in the form view on my Mac but if start a sync from my Mac then do another sync from either device the contact form view is gone on the Mac. I have to link the contact form back to a contact on my Mac. It’s very strange and annoying. I’ve gotten to the point where I will only upload from my iPhone and iPad and not mess with the Mac to upload data.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.