IBM Cloudant. A new fast and reliable syncing way

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms IBM Cloudant. A new fast and reliable syncing way

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

carlosMAP
    Participant

I do not agree with the bad opinions about IBM Cloudant. Yes, another cloud system, but it works right and perfectly. At first there was iCloud, slow, very slow and unusable; there are few apps other than Apple’s with effective syncing through iCloud. Dropbox was better, but not enough; you have to leave the app and restart again in order to complete, or even begin, syncing. IBM Cloudant has been an excelent alternative. You should see it working, fast and inmediate, it’s perfect. And if you don’t need as much speed you can always use nearby syncing.

As iCloud, Dropbox and OneDrive user (paying anual fee), and using some others like Omni Sync for specific apps, I have no objection using IBM Cloudant. And it’s really free of charge. After more than four months using it with Tap Forms beta, I think it has been a right decission.

August 4, 2016 at 3:20 AM #17915

Jake Xon
    Participant

So far it’s been working very good.

August 4, 2016 at 4:02 AM #17923

Tapblah
    Participant

It’s fine to add new options for synching, but why remove options that people have been using?

August 4, 2016 at 6:33 AM #17947

Iván Benítez
    Participant

I have 2 Mac minis at the office, 1 iPhone, 1 iPad, 1 iMac and Tapforms installed in all of them. Just migrate to new version (TF5) and sync with IBM Cloudant.

Wifi sync is perfect.
    IBM Cloudant is perfect. Do not think I have to never pay for IBM system.
    iCloud was good but not perfect.
    Dropbox too slow for us.

First give it a try, with IBM you have a free month to see if could be a problem for you. But who do not have internet at the office or home today?!

Thank you Brendan for your effort and business. We use your app at work every day all the time.

August 4, 2016 at 6:55 AM #17951

Heet
    Participant

Can someone clarify if my data is encrypted in any way if i sync to cliudant? how can i be sure nobody can read my data even if my account is hacked?

August 4, 2016 at 7:09 AM #17953

carlosMAP
    Participant

Yes, of course. Have a look at this: https://cloudant.com/product/cloudant-features/dbaas-security/

Also you can visit https://cloudant.com main page. There are answers for whatever you want to know.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.