I need to cut down my database size

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Its too long and has entries in date order so I would like to do the following…

1. Save it as it is, preferably as a copy so I can refer to it if necessary.
    2. Remove all entries from the live database prior to a specific date

I assume the ‘duplicate form’ will do the first action for me, is there a simple way of doing the second action?

Roger

December 28, 2015 at 10:39 PM #15552

Leo
    Participant

Just Backup and after that delete alle the entry’s you want does the trick

December 29, 2015 at 1:47 AM #15555

Brendan
    Keymaster

Roger,

Duplicate Form simply duplicates the form template, not the records within it.

Have you thought about creating some saved searches to filter your records so only a certain range of records shows based on date? There are a number of built-in date queries such as “Last Year”, “This Year”, “Next Year”, etc. You use the “in the period” comparison to see those kinds. That way you get a subset of your records without having to do what you’re trying to do (duplicating and deleting records).

Thanks,

Brendan

December 29, 2015 at 3:31 AM #15558

Roger Neilson
    Participant

and if I do that am I able to import records to that saved search and edit them?

Roger

December 29, 2015 at 3:43 PM #15559

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Sure, as long as the records you import qualify to be displayed within the Saved Search’s search rules you’ve specified. You don’t really import them into the Saved Search. The Saved Search simply filters the set of records that you’ve got in your form to separate them into different sub-lists according to the rules you’ve specified. If you take a look at the My Movie Library sample form that ships with Tap Forms you’ll see a couple of saved searches there. If you click on one of them, Tap Forms will show you only that sub-list of the movies that match the criteria specified in the Saved Search.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.