I miss & would love to see…

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

QM_Michael
    Participant

… the option to have my forms stored in the cloud.

I am using a webdav-server-address for instance for my Office2-app. Meaning, to open a document (XLS or DOC) I have to access the webdav. But do save it afterwards again in the “cloud”.

The big benefit is easy to see: I have always the same updated data on my devices. Even better would be, if the tap form form would be encrypted before…

So, for me tap form would ask for a password when starting the app. It afterwards shows me the welcome screen with all different forms available on my webdav-server (each of them is an individual sqlite-file; that makes the sync fast and easy). The one I select will be pulled to my iDevice, decrypted and opened. When closing it, tap forms asks me to save it. Saying YES means encrpypting the file and saving it back in the cloud.

What do you think, would this be possible?

Brgds, QM_Michael

P.S.: Congrats to TAPFORMS-HD! I alreay love it ;-)

January 4, 2011 at 7:13 PM #4314

plisvb
    Participant

I second this feature.

Having one database in the cloud or even dropbox and having the iphone, ipad and eventually the desktop version access and edit this file would be enormous. All devices would be in sync all the time. I can think of tons of ways that I can use this instead of some other solutions.

January 5, 2011 at 1:51 AM #4319

Brendan
    Keymaster

When I get syncing and all that working, I’m hoping to do it the same way 1Password does it using Dropbox. Then it won’t matter which device is syncing, Dropbox will be the intermediary that will provide the server infrastructure to support syncing.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 7, 2011 at 2:16 AM #4331

plisvb
    Participant

Fantastic, this would put this app over the top… keep up the good work.

Peter

July 27, 2011 at 3:39 AM #4688

Donaldalisary
    Participant

Hi

I just bought the iPad app and transferred my data through iTunes . I also tried the beam between devices with my iPhone . I would also like to see an easier way of keeping all up to date nod the two devices – any ideas.

Donald

July 27, 2011 at 3:41 AM #4689

Donaldalisary
    Participant

Hi

I just bought the iPad app and transferred my data through iTunes . I also tried the beam between devices with my iPhone . I would also like to see an easier way of keeping all up to date nod the two devices – any ideas.

Donald

July 27, 2011 at 3:44 AM #4690

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Donald,

At the moment, you’re doing the best you can to keep your devices in sync. I am just about to start learning how to implement iCloud into Tap Forms so that you can have true sync between devices. It will require iOS 5 when that’s available this fall. Although it might take me a while longer to implement it properly. It’s all a learning process.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.