I Click on New Record and Nothing Happens

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms I Click on New Record and Nothing Happens

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

B K
    Participant

IDK. I just started. Is it a bug or is it me?
    I checked out the brief manual and Delete Record and Duplicate Record works ok.

But being able to add a record would be nice.

November 6, 2017 at 8:09 PM #25787

Brendan
    Keymaster

Which version of Tap Forms are you using? Mac? iOS?

You certainly can add new records to any form. It would be a terrible thing if you couldn’t add records.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 7, 2017 at 4:22 AM #25789

B K
    Participant

Version 5.2.1 (Build 1698)

I must say, I’m not impressed. I just had my simple database fail me completely (Compartments), File Maker Pro is too darn complicated and tedious; I was hopping this would be perfect but if it has problems like this (for whatever reason) it’s clearly unusable.

November 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM #25792

Brendan
    Keymaster

Tap Forms 5.2.2 is the latest build. Can you please do a Check for Updates?

But what exactly do you mean by “fail me completely”? If you would like to email me a backup of your document I can look into it to find out why it’s failing. Send it to support@tapforms.com

If you could provide some more details as to what exactly is failing that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Brendan

November 7, 2017 at 4:40 PM #25800

B K
    Participant

Brendan, Yes, my previous database app (Compartments) failed me completely. It’s problem was #1. The database could not be Exported and #2.The printout Report could not be modified and it’s default did not have key info.

So now I was looking for a replacement. — Why does the most basic command of ‘New Record’ not work? Maybe something to do with my running High Sierra?

Since I could not ‘Add New’ Record I have no other experience with Tap Forms

FWIW — and you may not like this — my somewhat traumatic transition to both High Sierra as well as putting all core apps onto a new 500GB SSD drive — (and the failure of my old Compartments app) — and Add ‘New Record’ problem with Tap Form — lead me to seek now the most solid and constantly updated database program and like an idiot who has just woke from the dead I realized: Numbers, was the answer for me.

But I wish you all the best in your work with Tap Forms; it was attractive to look at.

November 7, 2017 at 5:08 PM #25804

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, my sincere apologies for this most basic of functions not working. I would really love to figure out what was going wrong for you. I know it’s not a High Sierra problem because I use High Sierra to write Tap Forms now.

When you say, “the database could not be exported”, which type of export were you using? And did you get an error when you tried to save the export? Tap Forms has a number of different export options. There’s Export Records (CSV or XLSX formats), Export Form Template, and Export Tap Forms Archive. Which one didn’t work for you? And what happened when you tried? In order to export, you must first have an opened document.

Perhaps you didn’t have a document opened when you tried to use the New Record function? Could that be the issue? You have to first open a document and then you can add a record to a selected form. You also of course have to have a form selected before the New Record option will be available.

As for the Print function, there are a number of ways to modify the printout. One of the options is to choose which fields are to be printed. Perhaps one of your fields wasn’t selected for printing? You can enable and disable fields for printing on the Print panel itself by clicking on the Fields tab.

Did you get a chance to watch the Tap Forms screencast videos to see how it works?

https://vimeo.com/channels/tapformsmac5/page:1

You can watch them on the above link.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.