I cannot type the IBM Cloud Server adress into the settings…. field is grey

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms I cannot type the IBM Cloud Server adress into the settings…. field is grey

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pyromixer
    Participant

I cannot type into the Serveradress field for sync with the IBM Cloud… I make a test running with the IBM cloud and the Lite Plan at the moment.

At my first try it was OK, but now is it not possible to type into the first field. The same problem on my MacBook… The field is greyed:
    ibm problem

February 25, 2018 at 5:06 PM #27483

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s normal. It’s always disabled because the server address is derived from the username. Just paste in the username and the server address will be filled in for you.

February 25, 2018 at 11:15 PM #27485

Pyromixer
    Participant

Ah..OK. Thanks. Now it works.

But I get now this failure from IBM in a popup window after a sync of 3,3 MB:
    the request entity is too large: rec-fd300cc80ae008700eab9867aee000a2
    (numbers changed)
    I think it’s a problem with the “Lite Plan” from IBM.

Im make a test with the 1-click install CouchDB in the next days with the Cloud Service offer from 1&1.

February 26, 2018 at 9:24 AM #27492

Brendan
    Keymaster

It doesn’t have anything to do with the Lite or the paid plans with IBM. They told me no matter which plan you select they have a 1 MB request size limit for their sync service. It’s absurd. They used to support 64 MB. But they dropped it to 1 MB for their new IBM Cloud service. If you look at the record Tap Forms takes you to, check to make sure you have no file attachments or images that are larger than 1 MB, including the amount of content you might have in that record.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.