How to Sync

Tagged: ,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

DoctorDee
    Participant

I’m using OS X 10.6.3 and have installed SyncDocs. But no share/machine shows up when I try and sync TapForms. The SyncDocs docs aren’t particularly helpful, but using Troubleshoot.command seems to show that everything loads and runs successfully.

Can anyone suggest how I might get this working, TapForms without a back up is not too useful to me… I’d hate to have to re-enter all this data if I changed my phone.

The comments for SyncDocs on SourceForge are roughly 50% negative. is there no other/better way to back up TapForms?

April 25, 2010 at 6:21 PM #4065

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello DoctorDee,

Did you follow the instructions on my support page for backing up? https://www.tapforms.com/support

But basically all SyncDocs does is becomes a conduit for copying the files that make Tap Forms work from the iPhone to your PC or Mac. You don’t really ever need to interact with it that much. Also, perhaps there are other devices showing up in the list of “SyncDocs Servers” within Tap Forms. That list at the top can be scrolled by flicking up and down with your finger. Perhaps it’s just further down the list?

I realize SyncDocs isn’t the best solution, but it’s cross platform compatible and seems to work for the most part, although occasionally people have trouble with it. When that happens it’s sometimes a firewall issue on their computer. It may be blocking Tap Forms from accessing Tap Forms. Could you check your firewall settings to see if perhaps you’re blocking access to SyncDocs. You have to allow it access. I know that every time I launch SyncDocs on OS X 10.6.3, it asks me if I want to allow access to incoming connections. You have to click Allow.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.