How to sync to new laptop

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Hi,
    I got a new laptop and migrated all my data from my old laptop. I can’t get it to sync. How do I do this? Remember, I’m not a techie. Can you please explain the steps for me.
    Thank you,
    Faith Shabat

October 24, 2018 at 7:58 PM #31389

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Faith,

There’s instructions in the online user manual here for syncing:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/syncing

The easiest for you is probably iCloud syncing. But there are 4 sync services to choose from. The above link has the instructions.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 25, 2018 at 6:36 AM #31401

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Brendan,
    Thank you for your quick response. On my new MacBook Pro, I opened ICloud Drive, Placed the Tapforms Application in the drive. It still isn’t syncing with my other devices. What should I do now? Also, I can’t figure out how to see which devices are on my network. Do I have to buy a new copy of Tapforms for this new laptop? I am planning to remove the copy from my old laptop
    Thank you!
    Faith Shabat

October 25, 2018 at 10:24 AM #31404

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Faith,

You shouldn’t put the Tap Forms application into iCloud Drive. That’s not how it works. iCloud Drive is only required to be turned on. But Tap Forms doesn’t store its files directly in there when syncing.

These instructions will give you a step-by-step guide on how to sync with iCloud:

https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/icloud-sync

There’s also a segment in the What’s new in Tap Forms 5.1 that shows how iCloud sync works:

Hopefully between those two resources you’ll get sync working.

Thanks!

Brendan

October 25, 2018 at 4:52 PM #31408

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Thank you again, Brendan. I appreciate your quick and helpful responses. I ended up turning off “Enable I cloud SYnc” and switched all the devices to syncing to nearby devices. That way they saw each other and synced. Now, I switched back to “ICloud Sync.”
    Thank you again,
    Faith

October 25, 2018 at 9:47 PM #31411

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Faith,

Excellent! I’m glad you got it to work.

Before you switched back to iCloud, did you remove the devices from the Nearby sync screen? If not, you should, otherwise you may have 2 sync services running in parallel.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.