How to start afresh when you've lost your key?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How to start afresh when you've lost your key?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Nigel Beaney
    Participant

I purchased TapForms about three weeks ago just after my IOS device had just updated iCloud to iCloud drive. As a result, I could not get my iMac and my iPhone to sync.

I saw on this forum that this was because Mavericks did not support iCloud Drive. So I left the application off my Macbook and just inserted data into the iMac.

Well now I have Yosemite and I tried to sync the iMac, only to discover that I must have used different keys on each device. And I can’t remember the mac key…

I have now installed Tapforms on my Macbook using the key for the phone and it works fine. I manually transferred the data on my iMac to my Macbook and deleted the application to start afresh.

I had the issue that it could not “forget” the data I had already entered – but fortunately there was a post on this – so I cleared the com.tapforms.mac and it loaded up as a “clean” start. Trouble is that it must still have a record of the old encryption key, because when I go to insert the new (correct) key – so it can sync up with the two other devices, it asks for the “current” key first….

Can anyone tell me how I can clear this so that my mac can access the files that are working fine on the other two devices!!!

Thanks

October 17, 2014 at 6:18 AM #11130

Nigel Beaney
    Participant
Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.