How to show first & last name in the records list?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How to show first & last name in the records list?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Jessica Dail
    Participant

Hello,
    This is my first post here.
    I’m interested in getting started in amatuer radio, so made a form to notate the names, call signs, & locations of friends, as well as people I meet.
    The developer, Brendan, told me that if I use a calculation field, I could make it so both the first & last name are displayed, while viewing the records list.

Does anyone know how to do this?

June 28, 2021 at 5:26 PM #44692

Daniel Leu
    Participant

Look for the concat() function described in the documentation (https://www.tapforms.com/help-mac/5.3/en/topic/calculation).

June 28, 2021 at 8:37 PM #44694

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jessica,

I believe I also did give you the formula for that too.

[First Name] + ” ” + [Last Name]

The square brackets are if you’re using the iOS version. If you’re using the Mac version, double-click on the field on the Fields list on the Calculation Field’s formula editor screen.

If you email me your form template I can also add a “Full Name” field for you.

Also if you have the Sample Forms document, the sample Clients form has this already configured with a First Name field, a Last Name field, and a Full Name field which joins the two fields together with a space character in between.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 30, 2021 at 12:31 AM #44701

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

This is a pretty common topic so I did a short video on how to join two fields.

June 30, 2021 at 10:23 AM #44705

Brendan
    Keymaster

Thanks for the video Sam. It was perfect and right to the point.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.