How to send email to all contacts/records

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How to send email to all contacts/records

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

I use TF as a membership database. When I had Bento if I wanted to email all of our members I would just highlight all email addresses and then click “email selected addresses”. I’ve searched through the forum for a while but can’t find anything about how to do this. Can someone please help?

Thanks

Richard

January 26, 2015 at 11:37 PM #12817

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, Bento did have this feature, but Tap Forms does not. It’s on my to-do list though.

You’d have to export your email addresses and then copy them from the resulting CSV file in order to email to them.

January 28, 2015 at 5:48 AM #12834

Richard
    Participant

Ah okay. Thanks Brendan.

Would it/could it be a feature in the next update?

January 28, 2015 at 11:31 PM #12838

Brendan
    Keymaster

Would you prefer that or Dropbox sync? Because I’m in the middle of that right now. :-) Or I delay the release of Dropbox sync to add this feature. Take yer pick :-)

Thanks,

Brendan

January 30, 2015 at 1:33 PM #12847

grooveagent
    Participant

Isn’t drop box moot now that there is iCloud drive? Mind you, iCloud drive is only available with Yosemite.

January 30, 2015 at 2:32 PM #12850

Brendan
    Keymaster

No, it’s not moot. There are two very good reasons to support Dropbox sync.

1. iCloud Drive can be very slow at times and not sync in a timely manner. This delay causes grief for lots of people because they think it’s not working whereas it really just requires a lot of patience. But also because it’s such a black box, it’s hard to tell if there’s a delay or if there’s a real problem.

2. With iCloud Drive, everyone has to be logged into the same account on each device that they use for Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc. With Dropbox you still have to be logged into the same account on each device, but it’s an independent service from your Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc. So that means you could share your Tap Forms data with someone, but not have to also share your Contacts, Calendars, etc. Great for a manager and his assistant, or one spouse with the other, etc.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.