HOW TO MULTI SELECT CONTACTS USING THE CONTACTS FIELD ?

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms HOW TO MULTI SELECT CONTACTS USING THE CONTACTS FIELD ?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Karan Kothari
    Participant

HI

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT WOULD BE POSSIBLE TO MULTI SELECT CONTACTS WHEN USING THE CONTACTS FIELD ON MAC.

APPLICATION EXAMPLE: I AM MAKING A MEETING LIST. I HAVE TO ADD THE PARTICIPANTS. HOW TO SELECT MORE THAN ONE PARTICIPANT FOR A MEETING.
    1) I CANNOT MAKE PICK LIST FOR EVERY EMPLOYEE
    2) I CANNOT KEEP CREATING NEW FIELDS FOR EACH CONTACT.

IN A PICK LIST IT IS POSSIBLE TO MULTI SELECT. HOPE TO GET THIS OPTION IN CONTACTS AS WELL.

August 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM #10625

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Karan,

This is the job for a Link to Form field. With that you would have a Contacts form which has a separate record for each contact.

Then, in your Meeting form, you would simply select which contacts you want to attend the meeting.

The Link to Form would be a Many to Many Link Type.

You can set that up on the Field Properties on Mac or directly off the field on iOS. You would then add a new record for each contact to your Contacts form, then link to the contact using a Contact field. You could add additional information to the Contacts form if you like too.

Then when editing your meeting record, just multi-select whichever contacts you’d like to link to.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.