How to deploy TapForms? (New user)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Efren Vergara
    Participant

Hi Im just started reading checking your application and it is very promising.

im a developer for Windows environment focusing on database (SQL).

Sorry for my very basic question.

Im considering your application to use it as an application tool to create a database for my client (mac client).
    > Is it the right tool / is your application meant for my needs?

>do you have a trial version?

> then lets say i purchase your application and build the database for my client. How can i deploy my application to my client?

> hope to hear from the grand master ^_^
    Thanks!

February 21, 2014 at 12:22 AM #9116

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Efren,

You can download the Mac demo here:

Tap Forms isn’t really a developer’s tool however. It’s designed to be easy enough for your grandmother to use, but powerful enough that you yourself would be able to use it productively. If you are going to make some forms for your client, then it’s a simple matter of exporting the form template once you’ve constructed your form. A form template contains everything needed for someone else to start filling in the data. Tap Forms will export all linked forms, pick lists associated with any fields in the forms, custom layouts, as well as the form icons you’ve selected (including custom icons).

So that’s really all there is to it. You would simply email the form template file to your client and they would import it into their own copies of Tap Forms.

I hope that answers your questions ok.

Thanks!

Brendan

February 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM #9142

Efren Vergara
    Participant

Wow you really did give time to answer my questions.

so meaning that my client still need to buy their own license copy of tapforms after i develop the forms (design) of their database? for them to import the templates that i created for them.

As you may noticed im from asia GMT+8 so the time of my reply would a bit late .
    thanks for the info.

You are doing a great Job, im 70% convince by your app.
    ^^, cheers!

February 22, 2014 at 2:08 AM #9143

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Efren,

Yes, your clients would need to buy their own copies of Tap Forms in order to be able to import your form templates.

When you export a form template, Tap Forms will generate a .tff file. For example, one of the sample forms is “My Movie Library”. When you export the form template for that, a file called “My Movie Library.tff” will be generated. “tff” stands for “Tap Forms Form”.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.