How to delete a custom layout

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Tom Banks
    Participant

One of two custom layouts I set up for a form is no longer useful. I can’t find a way to delete it. I’ll appreciate guidance!

September 1, 2017 at 11:21 PM #24342

Leo
    Participant

Click on edit custom layout designer. The inspector comes up.
    Hoover over the tab of the layout you want delete and click on the X on the left side of the tab.

September 2, 2017 at 6:03 AM #24348

Tom Banks
    Participant

Thank you very much, Leo. —Tom

September 2, 2017 at 10:39 PM #24362

Brendan
    Keymaster

Under the Layout menu there’s also a Delete Layout... command. It will let you delete the currently selected custom layout.

October 30, 2020 at 10:31 AM #42456

bigcaat
    Participant

Has something changed here? I have a new layout created by mistake, if I hover there is no ‘x’, and going to the menu, the ‘delete layout’ is greyed out. Not just on that one, but on all of them, along with duplicate layout.

I’m up-to-date on 5.3.14.

Thanks.

October 30, 2020 at 4:44 PM #42457

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

I just saw something like this, try creating a new layout via the plus and see if this triggers the system to give you the ability to delete the layouts. I saw the issue, tried adding a new layout to see if I could use a keyboard shortcut to delete it and it seemed to fix the issue for me.

Definitely a bug to be fixed but see if the work around helps you out in the short term.

October 30, 2020 at 11:36 PM #42461

Brendan
    Keymaster

The missing (x) icon is a bug. I’ve fixed it for the next update. The button is still there. So if you just click in that empty spot to the left of the layout tab title, you’ll be asked to delete. Or use the Delete Layout menu command.

October 31, 2020 at 12:04 AM #42463

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

In the situation I saw, Delete Layout menu command was disabled and there was no space for the button and clicking where the button should be didn’t do anything. Clicking on the area doesn’t do anything. When I clicked “Edit Layout” from the menu, it re-enabled everything similar to how adding a new layout triggered things to fix themselves.

Reproduced it with the Sample Form and hopefully attaching an animated GIF of the issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 31, 2020 at 12:49 PM #42475

Brendan
    Keymaster

This is not a bug. It’s by design. Deleting layouts only functions when you’re in the Edit Layout mode. Just a double-check to make sure you really want to delete a layout rather than just having the delete option available at all times.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.