How to calculate a total value from an options list

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms How to calculate a total value from an options list

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Chris Kracht
    Participant

Hello,

I have tried to reach through old posts but don’t see an answer. Is there a way to have a calculated field based on a picklist? There are 2 base models and then options to pick from. Model 1 has a price and model 2 has a price. We then want to add the options (if any) and get a total at the end of the form. This is for lead gathering and not any type of invoicing. I looked at the Invoice Tracking Template for ideas but it isn’t quite what I am looking for.

I don’t see where you can assign a dollar value to a picklist item. So maybe I have to create a seperate table with the products and values in it.

Thanks for any input.

October 2, 2019 at 11:52 AM #36935

Chris Kracht
    Participant

I created a form using a table example like the Invoice Tracking template but those tables don’t seem to work in the iOS apps for some reason. They appear blank. There is also no data displayed if I create a record entry on my Mac and then sync with iCloud to view the record on my device.

October 2, 2019 at 4:46 PM #36937

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Chris,

The Table field example from the Invoices document do work on iOS. See attached screenshot.

Would you be able to post your form template so that I can see what you have so far? Or just email it to me at support@tapforms.com?

You can certainly have a Calculation field that uses values from other fields that have Pick Lists assigned to them.

Thanks,

Brendan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    October 2, 2019 at 9:03 PM #36939

Chris Kracht
    Participant

I responded via email. Thank you!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.