How to backup all Documents at once?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Pinny Berlin
    Participant

Hi,

Over the last year I have migrated so many different lists and databases into Tapforms, that I now have 17 different Documents in the app (iOS version). For instance, one for tasks, one for budgets, one for charity, one for travel log, one for stock tracking, etc… And the number is bound to keep growing quickly.

It’s tedious to open them up one by and one and create backups each week. Is there a way to create a backup of all my Documents at once?

(I’m already syncing to Cloudant – so maybe someone knows of a way to just backup the entire Cloudant database? Maybe that’s simpler than backing up each of my individual Tapforms documents?)

Thanks!
    Pinny

May 24, 2023 at 9:25 AM #49464

Glen Forister
    Participant

I’m not sure I understand the different “Documents” organization. I have 72 FORMS in one Document which I use all the time. It is possible I should split them into 2 or 3 “Documents”, but the fact is that they are easy to manage that way and they automatically backup every time I exit the Document and/or quit the program.
    I’m till a newbie…

May 24, 2023 at 10:38 PM #49474

Brendan
    Keymaster

Having a separate document for each form is a bit overkill IMHO. As Glen mentioned, having a few documents with all your forms in them is probably sufficient.

One thing you could do is export your forms from each document to a Tap Forms Archive (.tfarc) file and then import them into one document and then that’s all you need to backup.

Or into maybe just a few documents instead of 17 different documents.

If you had the Mac version you could just use the Finder to select all of the documents and then make a single zip file that has all the documents within it.

May 29, 2023 at 5:58 PM #49503

Pinny Berlin
    Participant

Thank you. I found that I can combine multiple forms into a single Document and still keep them organized with Categories. This solution works very well.

Thanks!
    Pinny

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.